Dallas Chocolate Classes offers chocolate-centric classes and mobile team events: Chocolate tastings, Truffle making, Chocolate and Wine Pairing Education, Baking classes, and Corporate events in Dallas Forth Worth. 5-start TripAdvisor and Yelp Ratings.
How are the classes booked?:
Just visit the HOME PAGE or selected “Book” from the top menu.
1. CHEF’S HOME EXPERIENCES (3 to 4 people): Private group classes are great for special events with friends, family, or co-workers for team building, birthdays, bachelor/ette parties, and so on, and can be scheduled by groups for a minimum of 3 people and up to 4. For a detailed description and pricing information on small-group classes, just click the Group Experiences option from the "BOOK" or Home page.
2. MOBILE EVENTS (for groups of any size, large or small). These are booked online first as a “request.” Just select the experience and date from the calendar, complete the details, and I will then contact you about pricing (prices decrease as your numbers increase), your requested start time, and all the logistics about planning the event. The events are designed to be easy set up and tear down, leaving you as the host with minimal effort.And what’s even better, no kitchen space is required.
3. PRIVATE LESSONS: Lessons begin at 11 a.m. and last for the number of purchased hours (there may be some flexibility with your start time given the rest of my schedule for that day). Topics for the private lessons are designed for one or two people only and the topics covered are customized just for you. I will work with you to choose the topics you want to cover and the amount of time needed, or I can suggest topics. These classes are sold in 1-hour increments up to any amount, with a maximum of 3 hours per day. Not sure how many hours you'll need? I will work that out with you either before or after you register based on the agenda you request.
4. PRIVATE DATE-NIGHT CLASSES: These are shorter classes centered around one chocolate theme. They are designed to be relaxing and easy and teach you the basics of making a delicious chocolate dessert together, one that you can both make at home no matter your skill level. They hold a maximum of two couples. Bring a bottle of wine for a fun, relaxing evening learning about chocolate!
5. CHOCOLATE FONDUE TO YOU!: This is a great option for friends and families gathered together looking for a unique experience without leaving home. The chocolatier will bring a fondue kit (each kit feeds up to 6 people) with two trays of chocolate dippers (organic fruits and classic dessert dippers) to you, two fondue pots, and all the needed materials. He’ll quickly prepare everything onsite and leave you to enjoy the party! Returns are easy, with kits being set back in their containers for the chocolatier to pick up for free the next day.
CHEF’S HOME/PRIVATE LESSONS/DATE-NIGHT CLASSES/FONDUE are available Monday to Saturday. Start times are noted on the event or class descriptions. Some private groups and private lessons may have flexibility with their start times depending on the class schedule for that day.
CORPORATE/LARGE-GROUP EVENTS are arranged with me at the place and start time of your choosing. Just enter your desired start time in the field when submitting your booking request.
CHEF’S HOME/PRIVATE LESSONS/DATE-NIGHT CLASSES: These private classes take place in my (always pet-free) home (see "Why are the Small Classes Held in the Chef's Home?" below for more details) located near the Addison, TX area. View Google Map. Please inquire about the possibility of your own location.
CORPORATE/LARGE-GROUP EVENTS: These events can take place at any venue. I am very mobile and can come to your location with ease: a private home, an office conference room, a rented venue. All I generally need is a long table or counter and an outlet and voilà the event is ready to go! A kitchen space is NOT required. A travel charge of $15 will be applied to distances of 10 to 15 miles from 1626 Banbury LN, Carrollton, TX or $25 for distances 15 miles or more.
Looking for a venue in Dallas? For your convenience, here are some recommended venues (please note that venue rental and prices are arranged with the venue owner and are separate from Dallas Chocolate Classes).
McKinney: The Venue at McKinney Town Center
**Colorado: I am now offering special presentations on chocolate for large, private groups in the Vail Valley of Colorado. These presentations take place in a venue provided by the guests and occur only during certain times of the year. Please contact me using the form on the Contact page for more details.
Payments can be easily processed online through the online booking system. Any credit/debit card payments are accepted. A deposit of 50% (fully refundable if more than 48 hours out from the start time) for mobile events will be requested to secure the date. Mail checks to Zach Townsend 1626 Banbury LN, Carrollton, TX 75006. Returned checks will be subject to an NSF charge of $45.00. IMPORTANT: Please be sure to read the cancellation policy below.
Gift Certificates/Gift Cards:
Gift certificates are available to be purchased electronically here for any dollar amount and can be applied to any of the classes (group or private). Once you begin your purchase online, you can enter a personalized message before emailing it to your recipient. The recipient will receive a code to apply online to any of the classes or experiences. Gift certificates are non-refundable. If you would like to have a physical certificate (a post card with an area for you to write information to your recipient) sent to you to present to your recipient or to have the certificate mailed directly to your recipient, please contact me and provide the address where the certificate should be mailed and I will be happy to mail that for you. Please note that a PREMIUM PHYSICAL GIFT CARD is an additional $5 to process.
It’s easy for your recipient to use an electronic gift card. The value can be applied toward any class or experience. When booking online, the user will just copy and paste the electronic gift code s/he receives into the “apply a gift card” link/field located near the pricing field when checking out. The value will automatically be deducted. If there are any remaining amounts, the recipient would then just use a credit/debit card to complete the booking. For the PREMIUM PHYSICAL GIFT CARD, these are not printed with a code. However, you can purchase the gift card online, enter your information as the recipient, present your recipient with the physical card obtained from me, then forward the e-card with the code to your recipient at a later time for him/her to use online at any time.
Date-Night classes are for ages 18 and older. Chef’s Home Experiences may include kids starting at age 7. Couples/Groups bringing wine must be 21 years or older. The Private Lessons may include kids starting from age 7 (chaperons must accompany minors).
If you would like to be added to my email list about upcoming chocolate events in Dallas and new classes, send me a message using the contact form and I will add you, or use the pop up form on the Home page. Your email will be used for no other purposes other than occasional chocolate-centric announcements directly from me. It’s easy to subscribe, or unsubscribe, at any time.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Please review the class descriptions for specific minimums and maximums.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS:
If the all participants cancel within 48 hours or less of the start time, then 1/2 of the full cost of the class may be charged. Part of the deposit for the large group events may be charged if costs have already been incurred to prepare for the class/event. However, if the class/event can be rescheduled within just a few days of the original start time, the cost may be able to be applied to the new date.
No refunds can be issued for any participants who cancel within 48 hours or less of the start time (cancellations or no-shows) if the class or event continues as planned.
If all participants cancel more than 48 hours prior to the start time, a full refund can be issued, including any deposits.
Chocolate Fondue to You! will have a $45 nonrefundable fee if the experience is cancelled 48 hours or less of the requested start time.
Gift certificates are nonrefundable but are good for five years.
Life happens, so don’t worry if you need to rebook a class. Just e-mail me at email@example.com and we’ll choose a new date together, and you can rebook as many times as you need. See the Cancellation and Refunds policy above, however, for any rebookings or cancellations that take place less than 48 hours from the start time.
Why are the small classes (1 to 4 people) located in the chef's home?
I have held over 450 small classes in my home! After a period of time conducting classes in culinary facilities, I realized there were several advantages for my guests to moving the small classes into my home:
My equipment is what home cooks and home-based businesses use. I wanted my students to see that everything can be produced using easy-to-access ingredients and normal kitchen equipment. You’ll feel more confident about baking and working with chocolate in your own home if you recognize the equipment and ingredients being used. I have everything and more you'll ever need in the world of chocolate and baking. If special equipment is needed for a particular task that interests you, I'll share with you where you can purchase it.
Prices for the classes are lower/equipment is better: Commercial kitchens are expensive and they sometimes have substandard equipment and lack the budget for the highest quality ingredients. They usually buy only bulk ingredients that you, as a normal consumer, would not have access to. By hosting the classes in my home, the prices for the classes are lower and the ingredients we use in the kitchen are much better and more familiar to you.
My home (always pet free) is a considerably more comfortable environment for you. In an environment where I can control temperature, music, and food and beverage you may desire to bring with you to enjoy (and whose furniture is much more comfortable!) you will be more at ease! Bring a bottle of wine if you'd like; I'll be happy to cork it and pour you a glass while we learn all about chocolate!
The Dallas Chocolate Classes kitchen uses ingredients which are common allergens to some people: eggs, peanuts/tree nuts/nut flours, milk, soy, etc. I do teach customization for some special diets (a few vegan recipes, gluten-free recipes, and teach the vegan aspects of chocolate), but the items we make may have exposure to these other ingredients in the kitchen. If you have any food allergies, please inquire before registration.