Dallas Chocolate Classes offers chocolate-centric classes and mobile team events: Chocolate tastings, Truffle making, Chocolate and Wine Pairing Education, Baking classes, and Corporate events in Dallas Forth Worth. 5-start TripAdvisor and Yelp Ratings.
How are the classes booked?:
Just visit the HOME PAGE or selected “Book” from the top menu.
1. PRIVATE GROUP CLASSES (4-8 people): Private group classes are great for special events with friends, family, or co-workers for team building, birthdays, bachelor/ette parties, and so on, and can be scheduled by groups for a minimum of 4 people and up to 8, depending on the experience. For a detailed description and pricing information on small-group classes, just click the Small Group option from the "BOOK" option on the top menu or the Home page and instantly book them!
2. CORPORATE/LARGE-GROUP EVENTS (9-100+ or more people) These are booked online first as a “request.” Just select the experience and date from the calendar, complete the details, and I will then contact you about pricing (generally between $59 and $33/person, depending on the event and number of participants), your requested start time, and all the logistics about planning the event. The events are designed to be easy set up and tear down, leaving you as the host with minimal effort.
3. PRIVATE LESSONS: Topics for the private lessons are designed for one or two people only and the topics covered are customized just for you. I will work with you to choose the topics you want to cover and the amount of time needed. These classes are sold in 1-hour increments up to any amount, with a maximum of 4 hours per day. Not sure how many hours you'll need? I will work that out with you either before or after you register based on the agenda you request.
4. PRIVATE DATE-NIGHT CLASSES: These are shorter classes centered around one chocolate theme. They are designed to be relaxing and easy and teach you the basics of making a delicious chocolate dessert together, one that you can both make at home, no matter your skill level. You can booked them as one couple or bring a second couple with you. Bring a bottle of wine for a fun, relaxing evening learning about chocolate!
5. MINI PUBLIC WORKSHOPS: Join the "A Night of Chocolate!" Workshop. This is an open class to the public for anyone to join and occurs on various Thursday evenings from 7-9p.m (check the calendar when registering for the available Thursdays and themes — they are generally 1x/month). This is a great way to meet new people while learning all about chocolate in a casual atmosphere.
SMALL GROUPS/PRIVATE LESSONS/DATE-NIGHT CLASSES/MINI PUBLIC WORKSHOPS are held Monday through Saturday. Start times on Saturdays can be as early 10 a.m. and end no later than 5 p.m. During weekdays, start times can be as early 10 a.m. and end no later than 9 p.m. (Wednesdays, Fridays, and Saturdays must end by 5:00p.m., however.) I will work with you for your exact requested start time.
CORPORATE/LARGE-GROUP EVENTS are arranged with me at the place and start time of your choosing. Please call or email and we'll get your event scheduled together!
SMALL GROUPS/PRIVATE LESSONS/DATE-NIGHT CLASSES/MINI PUBLIC WORKSHOPS: These private classes take place in my (always pet-free) home (see "Why are the Small Classes Held in the Chef's Home?" below for more details) located near the Addison, TX area. View Google Map. Please inquire about the possibility of your own location.
CORPORATE/LARGE-GROUP EVENTS: These events can take place at any venue. I am very mobile and can come to your location with ease: a private home, an office conference room, a rented venue. All I generally need is a long table or counter and an outlet and voilà! the event is ready to go! A travel charge of $15 will be applied to distances more than 10 miles from 1626 Banbury LN, Carrollton, TX.
Looking for a venue in Dallas? For your convenience, here are some recommended venues (please note that venue rental and prices are arranged with the venue owner and are separate from Dallas Chocolate Classes).
McKinney: The Venue at McKinney Town Center
**Colorado: I am now offering special presentations on chocolate for large, private groups in the Vail Valley of Colorado. These presentations take place in a venue provided by the guests and occur only during certain times of the year. Please contact me using the form on the Contact page for more details.
I do offer large-group rates beyond a certain attendance level. Please inquire for more details.
Payments can be easily processed online through the online booking system. Any credit/debit card payments are accepted. A deposit of 50% (fully refundable if more than 48 hours out from the start time) for large groups will be requested to secure the date. Other forms of payment are accepted, including: Paypal, Venmo, or Checks. Mail checks to Zach Townsend 1626 Banbury LN, Carrollton, TX 75006. Returned checks will be subject to an NSF charge of $40.00. IMPORTANT: Please be sure to read the cancellation policy below.
Gift Certificates/Gift Cards:
Gift certificates are available to be purchased electronically here for any dollar amount and can be applied to any of the classes (group or private). Once you begin your purchase online, you can enter a personalized message before emailing it to your recipient. The recipient will receive a code to apply online to any of the classes or experiences. Gift certificates are non-refundable. If you would like to have a physical certificate (a post card with an area for you to write information to your recipient) sent to you to present to your recipient or to have the certificate mailed directly to your recipient, please contact me and provide the address where the certificate should be mailed and I will be happy to mail that for you. Please note that a PREMIUM PHYSICAL GIFT CARD is an additional $5 to process.
It’s easy for your recipient to use an electronic gift card. The value can be applied toward any class or experience. When booking online, the user will just copy and paste the electronic gift code s/he receives into the “apply a gift card” link/field located near the pricing field when checking out. The value will automatically be deducted. If there are any remaining amounts, the recipient would then just use a credit/debit card to complete the booking. For the PREMIUM PHYSICAL GIFT CARD, these are not printed with a code. However, you can purchase the gift card online, enter your information as the recipient, present your recipient with the physical card obtained from me, then forward the e-card with the code to your recipient at a later time for him/her to use online at any time.
The public workshop is for anyone age 16 and up. The private group classes may include kids of any age (as long as everyone in the group agrees to the attendance of a child). The private classes may include kids starting from 7 years of age (chaperons must accompany minors).
If you would like to be added to my email list about upcoming chocolate events in Dallas and new classes, send me a message using the contact form and I will add you, or use the pop up form on the Home page. Your email will be used for no other purposes other than occasional chocolate-centric announcements directly from me. It’s easy to subscribe, or unsubscribe, at any time.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Please review the class descriptions for specific minimums and maximums.
CANCELLATION AND REFUNDS:
If the all participants cancel within 48 hours or less of the start time, then 1/2 of the full cost of the class may be charged. Part of the deposit for the large group events may be charged if costs have already been incurred to prepare for the class/event. However, if the class/event can be rescheduled within just a few days of the original start time, the cost may be able to be applied to the new date.
If all participants cancel more than 48 hours prior to the start time, a full refund can be issued, including any deposits.
Gift certificates are nonrefundable.
No refunds can be issued for any participants who cancel within 48 hours or less of the start time (cancellations or no-shows) if the class or event continues as plan
Why are the private group classes (1 to 8 people) located in the chef's home?
I have held over 400 small classes in my home! After a period of time conducting classes in culinary facilities, I realized there were several advantages for my students to moving the small classes into my home:
My equipment is what home cooks and home-based businesses use. I wanted my students to see that everything can be produced using easy-to-access ingredients and normal kitchen equipment. You’ll feel more confident about baking and working with chocolate in your own home if you recognize the equipment and ingredients being used. I have everything and more you'll ever need in the world of chocolate and baking. If special equipment is needed for a particular task that interests you, I'll share with you where you can purchase it.
Prices for the classes are lower/equipment is better: Commercial kitchens are expensive and they sometimes have substandard equipment and lack the budget for the highest quality ingredients. They usually buy only bulk ingredients that you, as a normal consumer, would not have access to. By hosting the classes in my home, the prices for the classes are lower and the ingredients we use in the kitchen are much better and more familiar to you.
My home (always pet free) is a considerably more comfortable environment for you. In an environment where I can control temperature, music, and food and beverage you may desire to bring with you to enjoy (and whose furniture is much more comfortable) your group will be more at ease! Bring a bottle of wine if you'd like; I'll be happy to cork it and pour you a glass while we learn all about chocolate!
The Dallas Chocolate Classes kitchen uses ingredients which are common allergens to some people: eggs, peanuts/tree nuts/nut flours, milk, soy, etc. I do teach customization for some special diets (vegan recipes and class, gluten-free recipes and classes), but the items we make may have exposure to these other ingredients in the kitchen. If you have any food allergies, please inquire before registration.