Frequently Asked Questions for fun and Informative cooking classes for guided chocolate tastings, working with chocolate, baking with chocolate, dessert classes and lessons, fine chocolate, chocolate and wine pairing, chocolate events, corporate team building, corporate team events, cake baking, chocolates, bonbons, and dessert making in Dallas Forth Worth Addison Carrollton Coppell Frisco Plano.
How are the classes booked?:
1. SMALL GROUP CLASSES (4-8 people): Small group classes are great for special events with friends, family, or co-workers for team building, birthdays, bachelor/ette parties, and so on, and can be scheduled for a minimum of 4 people or up to 8. For a detailed description and pricing information on small-group classes, just click "CLASSES" from the menu above or from the home page and instantly book them, too!
2. CORPORATE/LARGE GROUPS EVENTS (9-50 or more people) include: Guided Chocolate and Wine Pairing, Guided Chocolate Tasting and Truffle Rolling, or Guided Chocolate Tasting. To schedule a class for your group, call or use the Contact page and I will contact you within 24 hours. These classes/events can also be scheduled in Vail Valley, depending on the time of year.
3. PERSONALIZED CLASSES: Topics for the personalized class are designed for one or two people only and the topics covered are customized just for you. To schedule a personalized class, call or use the Contact page and I will contact you within 24 hours.
- SMALL GROUPS AND PERSONALIZED classes are held Monday-Saturday generally between 2 and 6 p.m.
- CORPORATE GROUPS & EVENTS are arranged with me at the place and start time of your choosing. Please call or email and we'll get your event scheduled together!
- SMALL GROUPS AND PERSONALIZED CLASSES: These private classes take place in my home (see "Why are the Small Classes Held in the Chef's Home?" below for more details) located near the Addison, TX area (see map on the Contact page).
- CORPORATE GROUPS & EVENTS: These events can take place at any venue. I am very mobile and can come to your location with ease: a private home, an office conference room, a rented venue. All I generally need is a long table or counter and an outlet and voilà! the event is ready to go! Participants can be seated or standing at tables, but I generally recommend everyone be seated for comfort and to take notes on your tasting sheets. A travel charge of at least $10 will be applied to distances more than 10 miles from Addison, TX.
Looking for a venue in Dallas? For your convenience, here are some recommended venues (please note that venue rental and prices are arranged with the venue owner and are separate from Dallas Chocolate Classes).
- Addison: EventUp Venue Listing or Venue Forty | 50
- Dallas: Highland Park Village
- North Dallas/Plano: Perfect Temper Kitchen; Event1013
- Central and Downtown Dallas: Expo House (contact via Facebook), House of Blues, Twenty Seven
- South Dallas (Oak Cliff): Bolsa Mercado
- Irving: eSource
Colorado: I am now offering special presentations on chocolate for large, private groups in the Vail Valley of Colorado. These presentations take place in a venue provided by the guests and occur only during certain times of the year. Please contact me using the form on the Contact page for more details.
I do offer group rates on the large group beyond a certain attendance level. Please inquire for more details.
Payments can be easily processed online when you select the "Book Now" option. Credit/Debit card payments are accepted. For classes whose dates and times are arranged according to your preference, these payments can also be made online with credit/debit cards. A deposit of 50% (refundable more than 48 hours out) for large groups will be requested to secure the date. Checks are acceptable, too. Mail checks to Zach Townsend 1626 Banbury LN, Carrollton, TX 75006. Returned checks will be subject to an NSF charge of $40.00. IMPORTANT: Please be sure to read the cancellation policy below.
Gift Certificates/Gift Cards:
Gift certificates are available to be purchased electronically here for any dollar amount. The certificates are good for up to 1 year and can be applied to any of the classes (group or private). Once you complete your purchase online, you will be sent an email confirmation where you can enter a personalized message before emailing it to your recipient. The recipient will receive a code to apply to any of the classes. Gift certificates are non-refundable. If you would like to have a physical certificate sent to you to present to your recipient or to have the certificate mailed to your recipient directly, please contact me at 214-289-5419 and I will be happy to mail that for you.
The group classes may include kids of any age (as long as everyone in the group agrees to the attendance of a child). The private classes may include kids starting from 7 years of age (chaperons must accompany minors).
If you would like to be added to my email list about upcoming chocolate events in Dallas and new classes, send me a message using the contact form and I will add you. Your email will be used for no other purposes other than occasional chocolate-centric announcements directly from me.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Please review the class descriptions for specific minimums and maximums.
- If the all participants cancel within 48 hours or less of the start time, then 1/2 of the full cost of the class may be charged. However, if the class/event can be rescheduled within just a few days of the original start time, the cost may be able to be applied to the new date.
- No refunds can be issued for any participants who cancel within 48 hours or less of the start time (cancellations or no-shows) if the class or event continues as planned.
- If all participants cancel more than 48 hours prior to the start time, a full refund can be issued, including any deposits.
- Gift certificates are non-refundable, but they are good for an entire year from date of purchase to allow ample time for your recipient to use them during any season.
Why are the small classes (1 to 8 people) located in the chef's home?
I have held over 200 small classes in my home! After a period of time conducting classes in culinary facilities, I realized there were several advantages for my students to moving the small classes into my home:
- My equipment is what home cooks and home-based businesses use. I wanted my students to see that everything can be produced using easy-to-access ingredients and normal kitchen equipment. You’ll feel more confident about baking and about working with chocolate in your own home if you recognize the equipment and ingredients being used. I have everything and more you'll ever need in the world of chocolate and baking. If special equipment is needed for a particular task that interests you, we'll discuss it, and I'll share with you where you can easily purchase equipment.
- Prices for the classes are lower/equipment is better: Culinary facilities are expensive, and they generally have substandard equipment and lack the budget for the highest quality ingredients. They usually buy only bulk ingredients that you, as a normal consumer, would not have access to. By hosting the classes in my home, the prices for the classes are lower and the ingredients we use in the kitchen are much better and more easily identifiable for you.
- My home is a considerably more comfortable environment for you. In an environment where I can control temperature, music, food and beverage you may desire to bring with you to enjoy along the way, and whose furniture is much more comfortable, your group will be much more at ease! Bring a bottle of wine with you if you'd like. I'd be happy to cork it and pour you a class while we learn all about chocolate!