We offer chocolate-centric classes and events in chocolate tastings, truffle making, chocolate bonbon making, baking classes, and corporate events in the Dallas and Forth Worth mextroplex.
How are the classes booked?:
1. PUBLIC CLASS/WORKSHOP: Join the "A Night of Chocolate!" Workshop, located at the Perfect Temper Kitchen in Plano, TX. This class is open to up to 20 people and is a great way to meet new people while learning all about chocolate in a casual atmosphere.
2. PRIVATE GROUP CLASSES (4-8 people): Private group classes are great for special events with friends, family, or co-workers for team building, birthdays, bachelor/ette parties, and so on, and can be scheduled by groups for a minimum of 4 people and up to 8. For a detailed description and pricing information on small-group classes, just click the Small Group option from the "BOOK" button or the Home page and instantly book them!
3. CORPORATE/LARGE-GROUP EVENTS (9-100+ or more people) include: Guided Chocolate and Wine Pairing OR Guided Chocolate Tasting and Truffle Rolling OR Guided Chocolate Tasting OR Chocolate and the Fit Culture. To book your date and time, just select the "Large Group" option from the "BOOK" button or the Home page. I will then contact you about pricing (generally between $50 and $29/person, depending on the event and number of participants).
4. PRIVATE LESSONS: Topics for the private lessons are designed for one or two people only and the topics covered are customized just for you. I will work with you to choose the topics you want to cover and the amount of time needed. These classes are sold in 1-hour increments up to any amount, with a maximum of 4 hours per day. Not sure how many hours you'll need? I will work that out with you either before or after you register based on the agenda you request.
- SMALL GROUPS AND PRIVATE LESSONS are held Monday-Saturday, with start times generally between 2 and 6 p.m. Special start times can be requested.
- CORPORATE/LARGE-GROUP EVENTS are arranged with me at the place and start time of your choosing. Please call or email and we'll get your event scheduled together!
- PUBLIC CLASS/WORKSHOP: Located at the Perfect Temper Kitchen in Plano, TX. View Google Map.
- PRIVATE GROUPS AND PRIVATE LESSONS: These private classes take place in my (always pet-free) home (see "Why are the Small Classes Held in the Chef's Home?" below for more details) located near the Addison, TX area. View Google Map. Please inquire about the possibility of your own location.
- CORPORATE/LARGE-GROUP EVENTS: These events can take place at any venue. I am very mobile and can come to your location with ease: a private home, an office conference room, a rented venue. All I generally need is a long table or counter and an outlet and voilà! the event is ready to go! Participants can be seated or standing at tables, but I generally recommend everyone be seated for comfort and to take notes on your tasting sheets. A travel charge of at least $15 will be applied to distances more than 10 miles from Addison, TX.
Looking for a venue in Dallas? For your convenience, here are some recommended venues (please note that venue rental and prices are arranged with the venue owner and are separate from Dallas Chocolate Classes).
- Addison: EventUp Venue Listing; Venue Forty | 50
- Central and Downtown Dallas: The Empire Room; DEC on Dragon; Howell and Dragon; Bird Bakery
- North Dallas/Plano: Perfect Temper Kitchen; Event1013
- McKinney: The Venue at McKinney Town Center
**Colorado: I am now offering special presentations on chocolate for large, private groups in the Vail Valley of Colorado. These presentations take place in a venue provided by the guests and occur only during certain times of the year. Please contact me using the form on the Contact page for more details.
I do offer large-group rates beyond a certain attendance level. Please inquire for more details. I will work with you as best I can if you have a specific budget.
Payments can be easily processed online through the online booking system. Any credit/debit card payments are accepted. A deposit of 50% (fully refundable if more than 48 hours out from the start time) for large groups will be requested to secure the date. Other forms of payment are accepted, including: Paypal, Venmo, or Checks. Mail checks to Zach Townsend 1626 Banbury LN, Carrollton, TX 75006. Returned checks will be subject to an NSF charge of $40.00. IMPORTANT: Please be sure to read the cancellation policy below.
Gift Certificates/Gift Cards:
Gift certificates are available to be purchased electronically here for any dollar amount. The certificates are good for up to 1 year and can be applied to any of the classes (group or private). Once you complete your purchase online, you will be sent an email confirmation where you can enter a personalized message before emailing it to your recipient. The recipient will receive a code to apply to any of the classes. Gift certificates are non-refundable. If you would like to have a physical certificate sent to you to present to your recipient or to have the certificate mailed to your recipient directly, please contact me and provide the address where the certificate should be mailed and I will be happy to mail that for you to anywhere in the continental U.S. via 2-day USPS within 24 hours of your request..
The public workshop is for anyone age 16 and up. The private group classes may include kids of any age (as long as everyone in the group agrees to the attendance of a child). The private classes may include kids starting from 7 years of age (chaperons must accompany minors).
If you would like to be added to my email list about upcoming chocolate events in Dallas and new classes, send me a message using the contact form and I will add you, or use the pop up form on the Home page. Your email will be used for no other purposes other than occasional chocolate-centric announcements directly from me.
Cancellation and Refund Policy:
Please review the class descriptions for specific minimums and maximums.
- If the all participants cancel within 48 hours or less of the start time, then 1/2 of the full cost of the class may be charged. Part of the deposit for the large group events may be charged if costs have already been incurred to prepare for the class/event. However, if the class/event can be rescheduled within just a few days of the original start time, the cost may be able to be applied to the new date.
- No refunds can be issued for any participants who cancel within 48 hours or less of the start time (cancellations or no-shows) if the class or event continues as planned.
- If all participants cancel more than 48 hours prior to the start time, a full refund can be issued, including any deposits.
- Gift certificates are non-refundable, but they are good for an entire year from date of purchase to allow ample time for your recipient to use them during any season.
- Because of the necessary expenses for venue rental for the public workshop, refunds cannot be issued but credits can be granted using the value toward any other class or gift certificate. This credit does not expire.
Why are the private group classes (1 to 8 people) located in the chef's home?
I have held over 300 small classes in my home! After a period of time conducting classes in culinary facilities, I realized there were several advantages for my students to moving the small classes into my home:
- My equipment is what home cooks and home-based businesses use. I wanted my students to see that everything can be produced using easy-to-access ingredients and normal kitchen equipment. You’ll feel more confident about baking and working with chocolate in your own home if you recognize the equipment and ingredients being used. I have everything and more you'll ever need in the world of chocolate and baking. If special equipment is needed for a particular task that interests you, I'll share with you where you can purchase it.
- Prices for the classes are lower/equipment is better: Commercial kitchens are expensive and they sometimes have substandard equipment and lack the budget for the highest quality ingredients. They usually buy only bulk ingredients that you, as a normal consumer, would not have access to. By hosting the classes in my home, the prices for the classes are lower and the ingredients we use in the kitchen are much better and more familiar to you.
- My home (always pet free) is a considerably more comfortable environment for you. In an environment where I can control temperature, music, and food and beverage you may desire to bring with you to enjoy (and whose furniture is much more comfortable) your group will be more at ease! Bring a bottle of wine if you'd like; I'll be happy to cork it and pour you a glass while we learn all about chocolate!